Friday, March 07, 2008

Really, I'm not bragging!

The Five Languages of Love:
  1. Quality Time - feels loved when another chooses to spend time with them

  2. Receiving Gifts - feels loved when another gives them a gift

  3. Acts of Service - feels loved when another provides a service for them

  4. Physical Touch - feels loved when another hugs them, touches their hand or cheek, gives a back massage, etc.

  5. Words of affirmation - ME ME ME!!!

This week I had the rare opportunity of having another teacher request to observe me. All first year teachers get this opportunity, but no one has ever asked to watch me in action until now. I hope she doesn't mind that I share this, but it just made me feel SO good and happy inside!

Cecilia,
It was so good for me to watch you teach today. You really are fabulous!
One of the things I loved most is how you're happy and have so much fun with the kids. You laugh when they do/say goofy things but when you're talking, they give you attention and then follow your instructions.
Boyce (the curriculum coach) commented on your excellent management too! He pointed out how you were constantly telling the students your expectations like "raise your hand if you know..." You also nailed that "checking for understanding." I think you asked the students to repeat their instructions each time. WOW! I forget that a lot.
Anyway, I really appreciated the visit to your school to see a pro at work. Amazing. I'm so glad I'm in your ward and have gotten ideas and lesson plans from you all year. You've helped more than you'll ever know.
-Katy

So, now you know that every time I tell you how wonderful you are or how much I appreciate you, I'm really saying, "I care a whole heckuva lot about you!"

4 comments:

I am a mother! said...

Wow, I need to check here more often to keep up on the new posts. It does feel good to receive a genuine compliment ! I'm glad you happily posted it on your blog! so many of us are like, "aw shucks, I'm not that great" when we receive a compliment (esp woman). Better to receive it graciously.

Cool that you're words of affirmation. I am a high maintenance language of love person. I think I require them all daily (maybe not the gifts one). Poor Dan...

Well, there are many people that think you're great and I'm one of 'em!

burkitos said...

Me, too. U R Great!

Shelby said...

Cecilia--you really are excellent at what you do. I can tell by how you talk about your work, and how you interact with your own kids.

kellieanne said...

You really are everything she explained. I noticed how good you are teaching when Gabby was in your RADD kid class. Kudos!