Monday, March 03, 2008

GET FIT AND HEALTHY!!!

I am simultaneously participating in 2 Fitness Challenges, possibly soon to be 3. Ambitious, I know. I figure the odds of winning are greater if I dip my fingers into more bowls, if you know what I mean. That speaks of my competitive nature.

The first started 2 weeks ago at work. We are divided into teams of 5 and my team is currently in 2nd place and kicking the heels of the 1st place team. Prizes will be awarded to the team who earns the most points, the person with the most points and anyone who accomplishes their personal goal by March 30th. My personal goal is to lose an average of 1 lb per week. So far I've doubled that, so it's working.

The second is with a group of neighborhood ladies and we began last week. We work as individuals. The points we earn will be used to "purchase" prizes at the end of 6 weeks.

The third is open to anyone, even you! You can find details at http://www.thesummerillsurf.blogspot.com/. And this chick (my good friend, Erin) is contageously motivating. So, check it out!

All the challenges are similar in that way that points are earned.
One point each day can be earned for the following...
  • Get at least 7 hours sleep.
  • Take a multivitamin.
  • Drink 64 oz of water.
  • Eat breakfast
  • Eat 2 serving of fruit and 3 of veggies.
  • No caffeine
  • No soda
  • No sugar
  • Read scriptures/Pray
  • No eating after 7:30pm
One point is earned for each of the following with no limit as to how many per day...
  • 30 minutes of cardio
  • 20 minutes of toning/weight lifting

Two points are awarded when a pound is lost. (It is best to only weigh in once each week.)

I am loving the motivation I get from friends who are in it with me. So get some of yours together and start up a challenge! It's the popular thing to do. (And that's okay because it's positive peer pressure, not negative. Ü)

2 comments:

burkitos said...

Good for you!!!

i'm erin. said...

yeah! Great post celia! YOu rock and you too can be a winner of the great GET FIT CHALLENGE!