Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pictures? Are You Kidding Me?

WHO THINKS ABOUT TAKING PICTURES WHEN YOU'RE ON THE FUNNEST RIDES EVER??? Well...I guess I thought about it a few times, but it's hard to capture the experience with a fish-eye's view photo. At the end of this week, I'll make sure I get the kids on or in front of their favs, but for now...

As we went over the 5-story waterfall on Splash Mountain, a camera takes a picture you can view on a screen when you get off the ride. I stole that one. Julian and I are in the back, so we didn't get too wet and, boy, we were glad!
Pictures are really hard to get on the 'dark rides' because if you use a flash it's just not the same. Maybe Tammy's fancy camera could do it, but the best I could do was a slow shot to let the light in, so you can tell it's not a 'still' shot. We rode this BUZZ LIGHTYEAR ride twice before the Parade last night. It's a virtual video game. You have a joystick to turn and spin your car and a laser gun to score points against Zurg.

4 comments:

I am a mother! said...

Yay Splash Mountain Fun! Last time we went to D-Land I was preggo and couldn't go on any really fun ones.

Kimmie said...

I love Disneyland! Splash mountain is one of my favorites, space... I know I just came home but I am jealous you are there... Make sure you hit the Tower of Terror... just one of my kids favorite rides!!

JoMamma said...

I wish I were there with you. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm looking forward to our Disneyland trip. Enjoy the rest of the park. Oh yeah and if the lines are long fake an injury and get a wheelchair. You can go to the front of the lines. I have never done this, but know of someone who did. My husband wouldn't ride in the wheelchair, so we waited in the long lines :)

burkitos said...

You didn't really steal that pix did you? I didn't think so. Yep, a pix at the rides or with Mickey or something would be good but you HAVE to get some. So glad its fun!