Monday, September 29, 2008

A CAT STORY


Deputy McLovin experienced Halloween a little early this year when he was dispatched to a woman's house one recent morning. Here's about how he tells it.

I got called out to this lady's house because she had a feral cat in her yard.
She showed me the cat and then started moving toward the cat saying, "I'll help you get it." The cat stood up on its hind legs and started hissing at her. I thought, "Oh, no! Lady, what are you doing?!#@" I jumped between her and the cat as the cat sprang forward. It latched onto my finger and wouldn't let go. After a struggle, I finally choked it out with my other hand and it released my finger.
The lady said, "Are you okay?"
I answered (with clenched teeth), "No. I'm not okay."
The lady, "Can I help you? I'm so sorry!"
"I'll take care of it." (Translation: Just leave me alone, lady!)
I took the cat to my truck, leaving a blood trail on the ground behind me, and put it in a cage. I wanted to take it out to the desert right then and show it how I felt about it, but I took it in. We cut off its head and sent it to the lab to check if it had rabies.



Don't miss this video. Just push the play button.

9 comments:

Melanee said...

Poor guy! I hope it didn't have rabies. But good job in protecting the not so smart!!

burkitos said...

OUCH!

Kimmie said...

Here kitty, kitty.....ugh!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Ow! Man, that looks like it hurts! Good thing he was wearing gloves-- I'd hate to see what it would look like if he hadn't been!

So, how long does it take to find out if the cat had rabies or not?

And I bet that lady will think twice about trying to "help" next time she comes across a feral cat! Oh, and I love the picture of the cat you put at the top! Nice.

I am a mother! said...

Ouch!!

becca said...

So did it have rabies????

i'm erin. said...

hahahahahaha...I will have to remember that story for the next time I need a Jarid Boost! That was awesome!

JoMamma said...

OUCH! Another reason I probably will not get a cat.

Kay said...

OUCH!!!!
"Is the head dead yet?"
(You know I had to throw that song lyric in, it just fits!)
Hope it was negative for rabies!