Saturday, September 13, 2008

My 2008 Shoes on My 2008 Carpet!

This summer we moved all our furniture around our house trying to clear out rooms to have them re-carpeted. (Thanks, Mom, for all your help.) The carpet in the front room is FABULOUS. You've never stepped on anything so padded and plush! Your toes are practically buried. People have commented about it even with their shoes ON!!! (Who cares if we break a sweat trying to push the vacuum over it?)

And...da-da-da-daaaaaa! My brand spankin' new Converse shoes! These are the lastest and greatest craze. Ever seen anything like them? Oh. Wait a minute. In the late 80's, my sister and I had a pair of turquoise and a pair of pink converse high-tops we shared. And...come to think of it...my mom said my dad had a pair while she was dating him in the early 70's. And...man alive! Didn't kids wear them in the 50's in that movie Grease? What the heck is going on here??? They aren't even that comfortable. . . unless you're gellin'. . . which I am, of course.

5 comments:

i'm erin. said...

i love new shoes! and I love new carpet! Way to go!

Big Papi said...

Too narrow for me, gel or no. New carpet is always nice though.

I am a mother! said...

What about your brand spankin' new car?? Where's a picture of that? I love soft carpet. Glad you are enjoying it.

burkitos said...

I love the carpet and shoes, but I really love that pix. What talent. Are you going to put out a pix book with all those lovely photos?Say how did the bee pix turn out?

JoMamma said...

I think I've even seen picture of biblical people in those shoes. They really have been around forever. :)

Congrats on the new carpet. Someday I'll post a picture of my new carpet. We got the cheep stuff when we moved in. I wish I would have gotten something nicer now.