Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Awkward Moments

An email I got this week brought these memories back...

When I was 4 or fiveI was on a road trip with my PuertoRican Grandma. I have a very clear image in my mind of her taking me into a gas station restroom for a potty break. It was there she taught me to line the potty with toilet paper before I sat on it. I remember being confused and asking her why I had to do that. Maybe that is when I started being paranoid about germs. To this day, don't laugh, I still line the seat if I'm anywhere but home or the Farmhouse pretty much, but especially public restrooms.

Once, when Jarid and I were first married and I didn't know his family very well, I was visiting his home and I lined his parent's toilet with paper. Then, I FORGOT TO BRUSH IT INTO THE POT AND FLUSH IT!!! What was I thinking?? His mom went in next and came out asking who would do that! All eyes fell on me.

Not long after that, I was at their house again and saw matches floating in the toilet water. Thinking they were open about these things, because of the prior questioning, I came out, chuckled, and asked who was "blue-darting" in the bathroom? I didn't know people used the smoky smell to rescue future users from the odor! Aghhhh! I wonder if they remember that?

3 comments:

burkitos said...

When you least expect it, someone will bring it up!

I am a mother! said...

Hahahaha! That is so funny! So Ceci, are you insinuating that only your mom cleans her bathrooms well enough to be sanitary? Although your mom probably cleans her bathrooms better/more often then most people I would like to think that you wouldn't catch some terrible disease if you sat on my toilet. ;)

i'm erin. said...

hahahaha...there is nothing like a flamin' blue dart, ah such fond memorie s of the past (as in last night).