Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It Came With the Wind...And It Wasn't Pretty.

The wind was blowing. It was blowing hard. I'd disposed of the garbage that had collected along the front fence. The fence that stops all garbage in it's tracks. I even found a mint condition Macey's paper grocery bag!
I didn't save it.

Then, my mom and I worked our tails off mowing, trimming, weeding...
My mom wields a mean weed-wacker!

As the wind blew stiffer we celebrated with confetti!
Thanks, to whomever thoughtfuly tied up their paper shreds loosely.

Later in the day, I ventured outside to admire our work and there it was...
the most unique item ever to have blown into our yard.
Until now,
it's been fast-food paper products, pop cans and bottles, newspapers, school papers and flyers.
We've discovered plastic of all sorts like go-gurt and candy wrappers, and bulk toilet tissue wrappers.


But until last night, I'd never seen anything like this!

Can you see what it is? GROSS!!!


After I use a stick to clean up that little gift,

my yard will look PRISTINE!!

What's the weirdest thing you've found in your yard?

7 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Those aren't pretty. Not like the ones I imagined (since no picture was provided) that are white with little red hearts.... ;-)

burkitos said...

Well, you said the wind was blowing. Maybe it blew off someone.Ü

I am a mother! said...

The weirdest thing I've ever found in my yard is ducklings. We were having a backyard BQ w/my family out in CA when all of a sudden they started popping out of the grass and running all over the lawn. Luckily our dogs didn't get any of them.

Kristine said...

The weirdest thing we've ever found (and we do get a lot that blows into our yard) was... a little package with the brand Trojan on it. It was opened, but not used. O.o

JoMamma said...

At some point you are going to have to explain the fact of life to your children. Maybe this is just a sign that the time is quickly approaching.

Shelby said...

Those remind me vaguely of an exotic flower Erin found while we were on our hike during girls camp......

i'm erin. said...

hahahaha...dang I couldnt remember where I left those! I been running around commando for the last 2 weeks! Can I please have them back?