Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why Didn't Jarid Bury Them at the Bottom of the Pile???

Rating: PG (for Suggestive Body Language)

Two days ago, Jarid took some whites out of the dryer, piled them into a basket and put the basket in our family room downstairs where we typically fold laundry. (He is SO good about keeping up on laundry that I have to work hard to get a load done before he does.) He's great! But this time I guess he didn't notice what was on top of the pile.

The next morning the kids were eating breakfast and suddenly they turned toward me full of giggles.

Julian: "We found something in the laundry and we don't know what it is."

Logan, still giggling, "Yeah, mom, what is it?"

My mind started racing as I thought of what they might have found. Then I remembered a recent evening with Jarid and asked, "Was it white with little red hearts?"

More giggling. The giggling was constant really.

"YES!" they chimed.

"Well, why were you digging in the laundry?"

"We weren't. They were on the top."

What in the world? On the top?

Logan was standing now and giggling so hard he was doubled over. He straightened a bit, made a triangle with his fingers and dropped them below his waist. Gasping to catch his breath he blurted, "Does it go here?!"

Oh my gosh! I thought. Quickly I offered, "I'll think about how to explain it while I take a shower. " I rushed downstairs and, like lightening, hid the stringy item in question.

Thankfully, they haven't brought it up again! But it's only been two days...!!!

Acknowledgements: Kellie

10 comments:

burkitos said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoMamma said...

I can't stop laughing. I hope they forget.

Peggy Eddleman said...

That's almost as bad as getting caught in the act! Hahahaha!

i'm erin. said...

I don't get it?!? What exactly did they find? (No, I am not joking, Yes I am serious)

kellieanne said...

I'm trying to figure out why at the bottom of your blog entry it has Acknowledgement: Kellie. Is this because I could own a similar aforementioned item? Or is it because I have been in the same embarrassing,"Ahhhhhhhh, did I just get caught" situation?

I am a mother! said...

Wow! That is HILARIOUS! I am so glad that you shared that funny story. It had me laughing out loud.

Unknown said...

Where is the picture?! I really think we need the visual help...esp. for Erin.

Carterista said...

Oh, Kellie. Go check your blog comments again. Ü

kellieanne said...

HaHaHa! So they looked familiar, did they? That's funny!

Melissa Burk said...

where's the picture? ;-)

Thanks for the carmel corn! I just broke the rule and ate some after 7!