Thursday, September 03, 2009

Ode to My Bed

Although you may find the subject of this poem amusing,
I assure you all the emotions are genuine. :)


Ode to My Bed

by Cecilia Carter

I sigh.
You comfort me
In the coolness of crisp sheets.
Assailed by unspoken thoughts,
I find a quiet place to rest.

I drift.
You cradle me
In gentle curves of mattress.
Protected from life’s urgency,
I find a yielding place to berth.

I doze.
You shelter me
In warm bundles of blanket.
Hidden from threat of hazard,
I find a safer place to be.

I dream.
You let me
In cloaking calm of darkness.
Buoyed up by sweet surrender,
I find a peaceful place to be.

I wake.
You renew me
In clear repose of conscience.
Relaxed by restful slumber,
I find kind tranquility.
.

9 comments:

Misha said...

What a wonderful poem! You are such a TALENTED writer! It flowed so beautifully and was so calming I wanted to crawl into my own bed :) You are awesome. See ya.

i'm erin. said...

Wow celia! you are good. really good. I have never been one who can write a poem...uh besides rhyming ones. You rock.

so are you reading the book? I must know. Please call me one day.

tammy said...

Nothin' like a good mattress!!

burkitos said...

poem, lawn art, your own true story...your creative streak is showing! And it is beautiful.

JoMamma said...

You made me want to crawl back into bed. Very good!

JoMamma said...

You made me want to crawl back into bed. Very good!

Peggy said...

Wow. That's an impressive poem!! I love it. I don't quite share the sentiment, but your poem makes me want to!

I am a mother! said...

You are truly a talanted writer. Wow!! Nice lawn art too.

becca said...

Not a big poem fan but THAT was great! Can I take a nap in your bed????