Saturday, January 03, 2009

The finished product...for now.


Yesterday a crew of kids came over to help us finish the igloo. With production at such fast rates, we failed to fix the angle of the blocks in time to avoid this strange shape. But, I think it lends the structure a special personality! Plus, the kids will be able to stand up inside.

We worked for over 3 hours. It was hard work, but fun, and we let the little ones take an extra break now and then. I'm sad they had to go before I could get a picture of them all. Maybe we'll have a crew party when the weather warms up a bit again. :-)

10 comments:

I am a mother! said...

It's AMAZING!

Peggy Eddleman said...

That is awesome! Did you have all the snow you needed, or did you have to pilfer some from your neighbors?

What a cool thing to do with your kids! You are one rockin' mom.

burkitos said...

Love the shape! Wish I could go inside! Great work guys! Hey, Teresa said her kids built a sand structure in Aguadilla over Christmas.Can't wait to see her pix,too!

Kimmie said...

My kids and I drove by Friday and saw you all hard at work. We all thopught it was really cool. Across from the Jr. High on canyon road some one has built an ice castle in there back yard, go take a look...you inspire me!

tammy said...

Looks super! I love the photo of J. peeking through!

Melanee said...

You are an awesome Mom! Isn't it a great feeling when even the neighbor kids want to come over to your house? That means you are so cool!

Good Job!

i'm erin. said...

wow, so much dedication and precision. You should rent out a room for the night and make money off of it now.

kellieanne said...

That's a great picture of Julian next to it. Sure gives a good visual of how tall it is!

My kids lost interest in digging the snow cave earlier, but the new fallen snow might awaken their snow cave dwelling skills again.

Great job!

JoMamma said...

Your kids will remember this forever. I remember my dad made an igloo with us when we were little. It was awesome.

You did a great job!

JoMamma said...

Your kids will remember this forever. I remember my dad made an igloo with us when we were little. It was awesome.

You did a great job!