Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thanks to Tammy and Stone Sour...

I'm not a huge fan of thinking up answers to questions about myself. But this tag is different. It's called "Four Squared" and you're supposed to look in your fourth picture file, go to the fourth picture and post about it.

I'm on my Mac and it doesn't have many pictures, but I went to the 4th date listed and this was the 4th photo. It's not a great picture by ANY stretch of the imagination, so you'll know I didn't cheat. :-)


The shot was taken at probably 85 or so miles per hour on our way to Disneyland this fall. It's the name of one of the songs on a CD we've listened to over and over while riding together in dad's truck and mom's car.

When I listen to it now, it takes me back to both good times and hard times. It represents hours and hours of time together driving up to Primary Children's Medical Center or to do fun things with family. It brings to mind drives long enough for the kids to fall asleep and for Jarid and I to have some really great conversations. (I love those!) When I hear it I remember times when the kids have giggled in the back seat until they couldn't breath and times when mom or dad have made rulings for 'silent time.'

The song titled after the name of the road on this sign is a song that will linger in my mind for a long time. Thanks Stone Sour!

9 comments:

tammy said...

What a great photo memory, Cecilia! I'm so glad I tagged you!

Big Papi said...

How do you pronounce that?

kellieanne said...

I loved this post! Pictures and memories are so precious!

Kimmie said...

That is one of my favorite signs on they way to Disneyland! Great post!

JoMamma said...

I don't know that I have ever heard that song. Over the past five years I've stopped listening to the radio (thanks kids). I really like the message. Thank you for sharing.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I don't think I've ever heard that song before, either. Isn't Zzyzx the place mentioned in Fablehaven? The demon prison thing that they aren't wanting the Society of the Evening Star to open? Makes it seem a little more daring to take that road....

Great post!

burkitos said...

I've seen that sign. Interesting tag!

becca said...

Love the song, Ceci. I got emotional reading the message with it playing in the background. I often wish life had background music. Mine does, it just plays in my head. :)

i'm erin. said...

hey I have driven past that same road sign! that is awesome.