Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ode to Thanksgiving

These are a few of my favorite things...

Silly children who giggle
And when tickled, wriggle.
Small hands in mine,
Big eyes that shine.

Strong arms to hug
When heart strings are tugged.
Keen ears to hear
Sweet voices I hold dear.

A quiet place to read;
Rejuvenation that I need.
A cushiony sleep
When I ne'er hear a peep.

Clear eyes to see
A world full of beauty.

All God's creations,
The freedom of our nation.

Love taken and given.
Errors long ago forgiven.
Laughing with good friends
To heal and to mend.

~Cecilia Carter 2008



4 comments:

I am a mother! said...

Wow. That is soooooo beautiful. You are a talented writer. Thanks for sharing.

burkitos said...

Well, Ceci, that brought on some tears. Beautiful, and I could picture you as I read it.Happy Thanksgiving!

Peggy said...

Great poem, Cecilia! I love it! And I really needed it just now.

I think I know who is writing the next birthday poem! :-)

kellieanne said...

Uh - Wow! That was great!