Sunday, October 19, 2008

Deputy McLovin: Par for the Course

I always love it when Deputy McLovin comes home in the evening, walks into the kitchen while still in his uniform and tells me about his day. Last night was one of these evenings.

I knew that earlier he'd been called out to pick up some sheep that had gotten loose in a neighborhood, so I, of course, planned to make a timely and clever comment about Bo Peep. I made it and it was clever (thanks Melissa) , but not so much timely as I immediately became riveted in his story-telling. He started off by telling me how much I would have laughed if I'd been there.

Unbeknownst to him at the time, on the other side of the main road, obscured by urbanization was a golfer on a golf course.Can you guess where this is going?After feeling the sting on the back of his head (yes, for real!) he heard a voice far off in the distance... "Sorry!"

Well, he did finally succeed at getting the sheep into the trailer, but only after pulling on them with a dog pole until they choked out, then reviving them (for the sake of the neighbors) and pulling them a few more yards and repeating this process with the "dang - why can't they just come with me - sheep" several times.

Now, if you can't see the humor in that?...there's something wrong with you!

5 comments:

burkitos said...

YOu need to bark and lead them. They will follow.Ü

i'm erin. said...

Deputy McLovin, where are you to light up my days with you humor...and of course you uniform! PuRRRRR...hahahahaha (the purrrrr was in reference to an older story on celia's blog)

I am a mother! said...

It sounds like Jarid is never bored. I love that you call him Deputy McLovin. Where did that nickname come from?

becca said...

Poor Jarid! Is he alright after getting hit in the head??? Does he have a lump?

JoMamma said...

Ouch. I would have been so irate once I was hit in the head.