Saturday, December 01, 2007

Our Neigborhood Today

I absolutely love the first day after a snowstorm! The air is crisp and clear. A blanket of freshly fallen snow veils the shriveled grass and dirty streets. Even the scraggly, bare-branched trees are made over into beautifully sculpted stanchions to display the bright, crystalized vapor. The world seems clean again.

Today was a day like that, except it kept lightly snowing all day, so the sky wasn't blue yet. While I scooped and tamed the powder on the sidewalks and driveway, the kids re-discovered the childhood joy of snow. Tomorrow the sky will be bright blue and the snow will melt off the trees as sparkling droplets of ice cold water.





4 comments:

Carterista said...

To the reader:
A couple of these look black & white, but surprisingly, they are not!

To Erin:
I am not taunting you, but I did think of you as I wrote this post. I just have a habit of looking for good in everything. Hee-hee!

Kay said...

Beautiful photos! You snow is in stark contrast to my warm and sunny days! But that's ok, I'll enjoy your beauty via photos, from my winter in Texas heatwave.

Love, Kay

burkitos said...

Lovely, just lovely.

kellieanne said...

I have never seen snow look so perfect! I'm taking pictures of snowflakes the next time it snow!