Monday, December 24, 2007

THE JOURNEY

Recently, the pastime that lifts me most on a down day is noticing the beauty of God's creations. Fortunately, and not by accident, I've had my camera with me on these occasions. What a high it is to digitally capture the majesty of the sky!

On my way home from work one day, I needed to relax a bit, so I took a "long-cut" home. I was on my way to a road I'd imagined would be great for pictures. The snow-trimmed trees that had been frozen in place for a few days were sure to melt soon, so I jumped at the opportunity. (Thanks, Mom, for watching my kids an extra 20 minutes or so that day! You are a great blessing to me. I love you very much.)

As I wound around the icy roads to my destination, I was compelled to stop several times because the clouds in the sky became facsinating.




Stillness






At the top of the hill, I stopped at the temple. It struck me that the grounds appeared pure and white.
Dressed in White


Across the road, the valley of frosted housetops appealed to me, but the westward view toward the lake was stunning.

Ripples from the West

To the east the vast and majestic mountain-valley view caught my eye.

Spacious

A few days later, as the kids and I left the orthodontist's office, color in the sky attracted me. We walked behind the building to witness a breath-taking sunset. The longer we stood in the chill of winter, the warmer and brighter the sky became.

Glowing Sunset

I did finally reach my planned destination after school that day, but it wasn't near what I'd thought it might be. I guess sometimes it's the journey, what we see along the way, that brings us the most happiness.

4 comments:

i'm erin. said...

wow celia, you are better than me...I think your pictures are awe inspiring...at least I am awed and inspired to go out and shoot some more!

burkitos said...

You have a knack at this picture taking thing. You could send one to the KSL channel 5 news and they show the pick of the day and the pck of the week and the pick of the month gets put on a calendar. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Cecilia, those were really good pictures. You are giving Erin a run for her money.

kellieanne said...

We take pictures of the things we appreciate in life - your awe for such silent wonders in our world speaks a lot about the type of person you are. Keep up the awe inspiring photography!