Saturday, May 02, 2009

The Secret Drawer

Tonight while I was putting away the kale...(Yes, I actually bought kale. I have Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe!)...So, I opened the crisper drawer at the bottom of my fridge and I say, "Ooooo! Gross!"

"What? What!?" Logan asks.

I take out the drawer with some spilled spinach rot and he heads over to the fridge.

He exclaims, "Oh! I forgot about that drawer. Look! Here's another one. A secret drawer!"

Facing the sink with my back turned to him, I say, "See if there are any potatoes in there."

Julian races over and helps him take out a bag. She says, "Yep."

"Maybe there are some eyes on them. Why don't you check," I suggest. By now Logan is distracted with something else in the kitchen, but he hears the comment about 'eyes,' so I start explaining what they are.

Before I get very far, I hear Logan yell, "Oooaagh!!" I turn to see Julian holding one of the potatoes for him to see.

What's so great is that he was freaked out long enough for me to grab the camera and snap a couple of shocks. I mean, shots.

After that he wouldn't come into that part of kitchen until he was curtain I'd put it away.



10 comments:

tammy said...

Hahaha! It looks like a sea urchin of some sort. Are you going to eat it? ;)

i'm erin. said...

ewwww sick. that picture is funn of Logan's face. Like he is afraid of the crazy potato with the alien living on it.

Big Papi said...

Hilarious. You have to admit it. That is pretty creepy.

Ella said...

That is too funny!!

burkitos said...

Hey! Cut that little sucker in 4ths, make sure there are a couple of eyes on each one. and plant them all eyes down. You 'll get some nice spuds!

JoMamma said...

I think you need to eat your veggies. Maybe not once they have gone bad, but while they are still fresh.

I am a mother! said...

Way to capture a funny moment! It was fun seeing you on Sunday!

becca said...

I have some pretty scary stuff in my secret drawer, too.....

kellieanne said...

THAT was not A potato eye. It was potato EYES! And all out one end. Impressive.

Unknown said...

It looks like your secret drawer grows things better than my garden. Can have borrow your drawer for the summer?