Sunday, March 15, 2009

How much is that Rooster in the window?

Last week the kids and I went to D.I. to find a costume for Julian. Of course, we found what we needed.

At that point I was ready to leave, but, against my instincts, I let the kids peruse the toy isle all the while knowing I'd say no to anything they may want. (My kids could double the content of that toy isle if they'd clean out their rooms!)

I kept to that self-made promise...with one exception.

Behind the toy isle there are shelves of plush toys. Julian found a cute, little rooster she thought Rascal would love.

Well, I thought, as long as it's not in our house. And who could go wrong spending two bits on a doggie toy?

So, we brought the toy home and Rascal was as pleased as could be that we'd brought a toy for him.

As soon as our big (and I do mean BIG- he's doubled his size in 2 months!) sweet puppy bit into that rooster, we were all startled by a loud "Cock-a-doodle-doo!!!"

With trepidation Rascal jumped back while we caught our breath and laughed a good, long laugh.

Even now, a week later, we'll look outside to see him bravely pouncing on that 50 cent treasure, then jumping back as it calls out a warning cry. Once he barked for 5 minutes while it sat a few yards away on the grass in the shade of our plum tree and relentlessly teased him.

Now, where else but D. I. can you buy such entertainment for only 50 cents?

8 comments:

Big Papi said...

That really made me laugh out loud. You should post a video of it.

Ella said...

That sounds so funny! I would like video too !Animals do funny stuff!

tammy said...

Funny funny stuff! Animals can be so entertaining!

kellieanne said...

Animals are so entertaining! Our cat Max lost his coller. We bought him a new one this week and I hurried and put it on him without taking the bell off. I figured I will take it off when I get the new tag this week. Well, I came home from the store a couple hours later and Max ran up to the back door as he usually does when someone comes home. The noise from his trot scared one of Peter's nine lives away. Peter's hair on his back was as poofy as I've ever seen and it startled Max so bad he ran off. Yep, cheap entertainment.

Kimmie said...

Some body elses trash is another man treasure... right! I bet you could have won the cash prize on Americas Funniest Home Videos! To funny!!!

Kristen Shumway said...

that is classic! hilarious.

burkitos said...

I'm for a video! Gotta see how big he's gotten, too.

i'm erin. said...

hahahaha...that is too funny! I love a good animal story. Also, how awesome is the DI? way to go celia.