Sunday, May 11, 2008

25 YEARS AGO...

If we were living 25 years ago, our little Logan would not have lived to see his 3rd birthday.

This week we celebrated his 7th!!! His immune system has been strong enough this spring to have a real "friend" birthday party! After the party, I woke in the middle of the night with such full feelings in my heart, there was no way I was going to be able to sleep. I felt incredibly blessed that Logan is still with our family here on the earth, that I can hug and kiss him anytime I want to...if I can catch him.Ü We get to watch him grow, learn, think. Wondering what he is thinking is currently a favorite past-time of mine. He says and does the most un-expected things! Part of that may be that I still see him as a little kid. He's a big boy!!! Crazy.


After school on Tuesday, Jarid and I loaded Julian and 6 of Logan's friends into our cars and headed to Chuck-E-Cheese. The really special thing about going to Chuck-E-Cheese was that the first, and only other time, Logan had been there was just weeks before he was diagnosed. He was 2 1/2 years old and wanted so badly to go back. We knew it would be around three years...too long for a 2 year old...but we didn't know was that it would be 4 and 1/2 years later!!! The anticipation had plenty of time to build. Ü


The party was a riot and wonderful. It's possible that I was even more excited than Logan. What better Mother's Day gift could I recieve than 2 beautiful, healthy children who hug and kiss me every day!

5 comments:

becca said...

You posted it! Thanks so much for sharing the special day with us! Was he totally high on adrenaline the whole time? What was his favorite part? I wonder if it was the way he remembered it?

JoMamma said...

Logan must have loved his party. Happy 7th Birthday Logan, & Happy Mothers Day to you!

i'm erin. said...

Happy birthday Logan! sorry we missed such a rockin party, but we have something special for you coming your way that you can use to torture your family with...hahahahaha

Kimmie said...

Once again you leave me in awe! What a great Birthday party and a perfect mother's day gift!

JoMamma said...

I love the new picture. So funny.