Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Book Review

I've had the opportunity to read some fabulous book lately!!! Here are some of my faves.

THE BURNING WITHIN
This is an incredibly insightful book. Don't let the fact that it includes a near-death experience scare you away. It's only one chapter and very much UN-like the other wierd one I read several years ago. This book is a grabber from the beginning and gets better as you go. My favorite thing about this book is how the author, Ranelle, describes what she learns about love, life and herself as she begins to recover from her extensive and severe burns. Ranelle happens to have moved into a house a block away from mine a few months ago and I've had several wonderful conversations with her. As soon as you meet her you can feel love emanating from her, including you in its warmth. She is an incredible woman, who continues to live true to the lessons she has learned from her experiences. She's an example to me and all those who meet her.

BEFORE MIDNIGHT
This piece of fiction is fantastically written and very much a "gripper," difficult to put down. I never imagined I'd read a semi-realistic Cinderella story that would be as deeply thought out and filled with so many clever surprises! Plus, I love fiction novels that are set in times when Ladies were lady-like and proper, Lords of the manor were absent and mysterious and people still travelled on horseback and in horse-drawn carriages. (ie. Emily Bronte types) There was one thing I easily predicted, but I had no idea how things would progress and turn out in the end! This is a must read, especially if you are a romantic.

If you read a fabulous book, post it in the comment section with a short review. Then we can all add them to our book lists and enjoy them!

3 comments:

i'm erin. said...

You know how I feel about this topic! My My My...taungting are we?!? hahahahahaha

Unknown said...

I can't remember if I have read Before Midnight or not. I'll check it out of the library just in case. I am a big fan of fairy tales.

I am a mother! said...

I love getting good ideas for new books to read. I just got done reviewing some books that I've read lately on our blog (they are all about finances-but for some reason I found them very thrilling:)