Monday, November 05, 2007

THAT WAS THEN, THIS IS NOW!

Some of you might remember that last Halloween Logan was in the hopsital with a very painful and serious infection. The people up there are great, though. Jarid and I were able to wheel Logan's bed and IV pole around the halls of the cancer unit and Trick-or-Treat to volunteers who were set up with loads of candy in the hallways.
This year he was a ball of energy! He excitedly went to school to participate in the school Halloween parade and class party. Then Grandpa and Grandma Patty drove him up to Primary's for some IV chemotherapy. Almost as soon as he got home we left for the ward Halloween party and Trunk-or-Treat(from the backs of cars in the parking lot.)
While there we heard there was a care center all ready for trick-or-treaters, but not many were going. So, we went over and visited them. Julian gave a grandma with Alzheimers a huge hug. I'm sure the woman thought she was her grandaughter and that I was her daughter. We left not only with candy, but with a warm feeling in our hearts.
Last year, Julian spent Halloween with her cousins. I didn't get to see her until the next day. This year I did her make-up on three occasions and took her trick-or-treating in the park after school. FUN!!
My photographer friend took a picture of me (dressed as a biker in Jarid's gear) with a real live biker who was handing out candy at the park. I'm pretty sure he was safe. I'll get the picture from her and load it later.


BTW, Jarid went to work dressed as a Sheriff's Deputy. Hehehe!

2 comments:

i'm erin. said...

That was a rockin' Halloween house that we went to...oh and yah, I get the hint...I will bring you your pictures.

I am a mother! said...

Glad you guys has a great Halloween!