Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Good times!

A few minutes ago I was teasing Julian and telling her she couldn't take out the cute braid I did in her hair. She protested, but finally gave up in a huff. I went to say goodnight to Logan and came back to find her lying diagonally, face down on her bed. She was shaking and I thought I heard sobs. I said, not quite disbelievingly, "Are you seriously crying?" She laughed and answered in a triumphant voice, "Drama (club) is totally worth it!"
What's more, I assured her it was okay with me if she removed the braid and offered to take it out myself, only to be stopped abruptly. Julian 'hmmed' a bit, then admitted that while I wanted her to keep it in, she didn't want it, but when I wanted to take it out, she had a strong desire to keep it in. She even giggled while she unabashedly stated that she has roller coaster emotions. Very astute, don't you think? I love having an almost teenager to have fun with!

In contrast, on Sunday, I was bemoaning my high forehead and remembering a few years back when a co-worker caught sight of me in a store while I crouched to look at something on the bottom shelf of an isle. Said she, "I'd recognize that forehead anywhere!" Nice.
A couple of hours after that unwelcome memory emerged, I returned home and knocked on my own front door. I expected to be let in by my kids, but no one answered after several knocks and rings. Finally, I saw the blinds part and the door was opened by Logan who said with a big smile on his face, "I'd recognize those eyes anywhere." Well, I happen to like my eyes. I'd rather have them noticed than my forehead any day. I love having a sweet little boy to compliment me.
.

8 comments:

burkitos said...

Hugs to all!!! Miss you all! Rascal has surely grown up! Your kids are great!

tammy said...

That's cute! I love that you appreciate drama. your kids are fun & entertaining!

Peggy said...

I love how sweet kids can be!

As someone who has always been envious of your forehead, it always amazes me that you hate it! It doesn't matter what hairstyle you have, it always looks good on you. There are very few people in the world that have that kind of bragging rights. Embrace it, Cecilia!

kellieanne said...

Kids really are our best entertainment and contentment. The feel like home to me.

burkitos said...

It's better than not having a forehead!

I am a mother! said...

Maybe you have an "alabaster brow". Anne of Green Gables was always talking about how she wanted one.

becca said...

Love that boy, Logan!!!! Can't wait to see you guys soon!Julian cracks me up! I can't believe she is almost a teenager!!!

Katy said...

All this time and I didn't know you had a blog! Love it.

For the record, I've never even thought about your forehead before. And now that I am thinking about it, I think it's great.