Thursday, July 19, 2007

View from "THE BRIDGE"


Logan and I were able to go an a few adventures around the hospital this week. He was admitted for fever, dehydration and a red blood cell transfusion. So I got to spend 4 days with him!! I love it when I can hang out with him without the interruptions of cooking, dishes, laundry and other household distractions. He felt pretty good most of the time we were there and we had some really good conversations. Here we are on "the bridge." It's a beautiful pedestrian walkway that leads from Primary's to the Moran Eye Center, where Logan loves to go. This time a tar monster had joined forces with Sasquatch and we had to run him out of town!
The 3rd night we were there, there was a rainstorm. I took these photos from "the bridge." If you look closely at the second one, you can see the Capitol Building! We enjoyed the cooler weather it brought! SO nice to be outside after being in isolation for a couple of days!
While Logan and I were gone, Julian spent time with daddy, her friends and spent one night at "The Farmhouse" with Grandma Patty and Grandpa Burk. She always loves being there with the Burk cousins. Never wants to come home! But we missed her and were glad to see her.

5 comments:

i'm erin. said...

wow great pictures celia! If I was there with you I would push Logan in his wheel chair running back and forth on the pedestrian walk way, screaming wildly...or maybe I would just come and say hi

Peggy Eddleman said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you guys were able to have so much fun while you were there! Do you think you two will want to go back and relive some of your adventures just for old time's sake when this is all over and you don't HAVE to go back?

Melissa Burk said...

love those storm pics. you make me want to learn how to do a blog... cute logan and julian...hopefully i'll get to see more of them soon...

Kay said...

Ceci:
Sorry that you had the return trip to the hospital, but happy to hear you are home and had some super hero escapades to keep you entertained!
Give the little guy a hug from Texas! And Julian too!
Love ya! Kay

Shelby said...

Excellent pictures Cecilia!! I love the bottom side of the clouds in the second pic. It makes me remember the thunder storms that are one of my favorite things about summer!